Skip to main content

A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies? (4)


1. I'm a writer. When I get excited my default activity is to write. And I'm a social media girl. So unless something's confidential, I rejoice in my freedom to speak out and to share what I write.

And sometimes that's a mistake.

A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies (3) will return in due course.

2. In other news, the sun came out this morning. And stayed out. After all that rain, the sun's steamed a powerful scent from our violets.

The second load of washing is drying. The winter-thin bees are busy in the borage.

3. And the best news: I have a buddy writer. It's ace.

It makes it so easy to start. I email her.

Yesterday: "Hard to get up. Am going blind. Have a pimply thing on right leg that looks like melanoma. Yes, I *don't* want to do this. But a quick squiz through FB etc and some breakfast and then GO." And then I went for it. Into a conflict I was scared I couldn't write. Today: "I'm here with the washing out and the window open. One two three open Final Draft". And I tornado through the rest of the sequence.

And she emails me. And does her pages.

4. More happy news: I'm remembering yesterday with pleasure – working on an edit with a mate.

5. Sometimes A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies is quite short? A single day when many women focus on their projects?


A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies? (1)  (new ways of working)
A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies? (2) (Gender & the Venice Film Festival/ media convergence)
A Golden Age for Women Who Make Movies (3) (the International Women's Film Festival Network)

Comments