Skip to main content

Pratibha Parmar's 'Alice Walker: Beauty in Truth': An Update (podcast)

Back in September, I interviewed director Pratibha Parmar about her latest film Alice Walker: Beauty in Truth, well on its way to completion. This podcast is an update. I feel so lucky to be able to follow some of the process of making Beauty in Truth and I love Pratibha's eloquence about her work; I can't wait to see it!

Download the podcast here (30min).

This Wednesday Pratibha's classic A Place of Rage (1991), about the role of black women in the American civil rights movement, will show at the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival, along with two short films that will also accompany it when it's released on DVD later this year— Angela: An Icon Reflects, a new interview with Angela Davis, and Wrong is Not My Name, the late June Jordan reading her Wrong is Not My Name poem, presented with a mixture of archival footage and animation. On Thursday at the festival, Pratibha will present excerpts from Beauty and Truth, and be interviewed. 

Another recent interview with Pratibha comes from Diva and is here.

Comments